Australian casino staff detained in China yet to be charged

    CANBERRA, Australia – Two Australian executives of the country’s largest casino operator are in good health after being detained in China last week over suspected gambling crimes, but they still do not know if they will face any charges, an Australian official said Wednesday.

    The head of Crown Resorts Ltd.’s VIP International team, Jason O’Connor, was among three Australian and 15 Chinese Crown employees detained on Thursday or Friday, Foreign Minister Julie Bishop said. They have been caught up in an apparent crackdown on overseas tours for high rollers.

    Read the full article...