Here are the road closures that will be in force for Sunday’s Goodlife Fitness Victoria Marathon.
• Noon Saturday to 6 p.m. Sunday: Full closure of Belleville from Menzies to Government
• No parking permitted anywhere on the race route
• No traffic permitted on Dallas Road between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• Dallas between Cook and Douglas will be closed at 4 a.m. and will remain closed until the end of the event.
• Rolling road closures in the downtown core.
• Residents of James Bay can get in and out by Douglas Street, but should be aware of the crossing route at Johnson, Fairfield, etc.
• Oak Bay residents who live south of McNeill Avenue, east of Foul Bay Avenue and west of Oliver Street can cross the route at Foul Bay Road at McNeill Avenue. Drivers can also reach South Oak Bay from the north end of Monterey and Oak Bay Avenue.
• Intermittent access across race route (police-patrolled):
– Douglas at Johnson
– Yates at Cook
– Fort at Cook
– Fairfield at Cook
– Chandler at Richmond
– Foul Bay at Richardson/McNeill
• All roads reopen at 2:30 p.m. except Belleville between Douglas and Menzies, and Government between Superior and Humboldt.
For more details, go to the event website.
© Copyright Times Colonist