Firefighters battle early morning blaze at east end rooming house

0

Several people were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in early Friday in an east end rooming house.

The cause of the fire, which occurred about 1:30 a.m. in a rooming house at the corner of Hochelaga St. and Desjardins Ave. in the city’s Hochelaga-Maisonneuve district, is under investigation, although arson has been ruled out.

There were no injuries other than those suffered by residents overcome by smoke, all of whom were treated on site.

Share.